The Opioid Management Program is part of a new client centred, outcome based comprehensive integrated Opioid Strategy in Belleville and surrounding area.
This integrated strategy includes both direct service provision and broader public awareness and education.
Community partners include:
- Addictions and Mental Health Services-Hastings Prince Edward
- Quinte Health Care (QHC)
- Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC)
- Peer Support South East Ontario (PSSEO)
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH)
Objective: Provide rapid access to services and reduce harm
The program design integrates Primary Care, Addictions and Mental Health with Peer Support services to provide a multi-disciplinary opioid management strategy featuring rapid access to assessment, treatment and case management services for opioid use.
- Assessment of substance use concerns and treatment planning
- Linkage with health care services for the management of opioid withdrawal, outpatient tapering and medically assisted treatment for opioid disorders.
- Education on overdose prevention and use of Naloxone
- Individual counselling and psychotherapy
- Case Management Services
- Linkage with peer support
- Referral to other community supports
- Relapse prevention
- Aftercare services for individuals who have completed residential treatment